Email *

Message *

Cari Blog Ini

Pakistan Vs New Zealand T20 2024 Highlights

Indiatoday

New Zealand vs Pakistan: 1st T20I at Auckland

Match Highlights: NZ v PAK, Jan 12, 2024

Rain Interrupts Play, Leads to Cancellation of Match

The highly anticipated opening match of the five-match T20I series between New Zealand and Pakistan at Eden Park in Auckland was unfortunately called off due to persistent rain. Despite an extended period of waiting, the ground conditions remained unsuitable for play, leaving both teams and fans disappointed.

New Zealand, who won the toss and elected to field, had restricted Pakistan to 2 for 1 in the second over before the rain started coming down. The skies opened up, leaving the outfield waterlogged and the pitch unplayable. Despite the ground staff's best efforts, the match was eventually abandoned.

The result leaves the series tied at 0-0, with the second T20I set to be played in Rawalpindi on January 14. New Zealand will be looking to bounce back from the disappointment of the rain-affected match, while Pakistan will aim to continue their strong form in home conditions.

Looking Ahead to the Remainder of the Series

With four matches still to play, the series is evenly poised. New Zealand will be confident after their recent 3-0 ODI victory over India, while Pakistan will be buoyed by their home advantage. The remaining matches will be played in Rawalpindi, Lahore, and Karachi, providing both teams with ample opportunity to showcase their skills and fight for the series victory.

Youtube

Comments